Karen Day

Wednesday 2 July 2008

wow i actually have been creative!

marni left me again yesterday after sleeping over! boohoo!!! it was so lovely to have someone so creative share my life with me for 24 hours :D there is nothing like having a like-minded soul basically glued to your hip for a day to really inspire u! we had a lovely creative time. but i tell u what marni - im SO tired still!!! wow i dont bounce back so quick these days! haha.

we stayed up late scrapping, chatting (gossiping?!?) and browsing blogs. brianna was so disappointed when she left. she cried a bit. so sad!!! so marni this means u gotta come back soon. cos brianna said that she wanted "marni to stay forever". i think u are brianna's new best friend :)

i took some pics of marni and she hasnt emailed them to me yet (HINT HINT!!!!) so here are some of the ones i stole from her blog. see, i have resorted to stealing now marni - see what u make me do?!!?!?? haha







anyways, onto some scrappy stuff ...

i am in charge of this week's challenge over at the new Boxx :D This was the challenge i set: Do something unique with your background paper. whether you want to create a pattern using ink/paint, or do your own decorative edging, or sew all over it with your sewing machine ... do whatever u want!

for mine i used black bazzill, then put a sheet of black lace cardstock over the top, then held it down with verticle lines of stitching running from the top of the page right to the bottom. ive done about 10 lines all up running across the page. here it is (with a piccy of my gorgeous hunk of a man). i really struggled with this layout cos i havent scrapped in awhile :(



when marni was here i did this one. lots of painting and inking here.


The June newsletter is out at the boxx and here are my contributions:

i had to do a layout using office supplies. i used staples, notebook paper, nikko pen, foam rings from the DVD stand in my office :)

And i also did the top 10 feature:


i ADORE yellow at the moment. i cant stop using it! ive done a few layouts which are secret at the moment so ill share later - and 3 of them are bright yellow! i cant stop myself. :)

xxx K

3 comments:

TiteC said...

I love the LO you made about your (charming) man ! Love the black on black, the stitching, the design... LOVE IT ALL !!


hugs from France

Sophie

MarniT said...

ok so I think your being spammed!

I had a great time too darl...but you know that...I can't believe she cried...give here hugs and kisses from me!

Thanks for a great 24hrs and btw your LO's are amazing!

Kristy said...

love ur work as always and the one of ur hubby is great love it i cant wait for next weekend:)